Monday, April 29, 2013

Guacamole Recipe



     Yesterday I planted all my herbs in flower pots on my patio. Now I get to watch them grow and enjoy the spoils of my garden. If you’ve ever used fresh herbs in recipes, then you know why I love my herb garden so much.
     Since Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away, I thought I’d share my recipe for Guacamole. I’ve had many people asking for this recipe.
Enjoy!


Guacamole

2 large avocados, mashed
1 large ripe tomato, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. mayo
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or 2 Tbsp. dried
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. chili powder
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1 dash hot sauce (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Mix well and chill for about an hour. Makes 1 1/2 – 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment