Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cruise Control


Many things move me emotionally, my family, my friends, and my relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Apart from these I'm moved by causes that have affected my life in one way or another. Causes such as the homeless, disaster relief, child abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault and rape, and animal abuse and rescue. I find that in writing novels I most always include one or all of the above. I had never really made the connection until one reader pointed it out to me. He referred to several chapters about a homeless woman. He said it was an emotional plight for my main character. He said it was written in such a way that he had assumed that I must have experienced it. I was moved by his grasp of what I had written. I told him yes, I had experienced being homeless. But I told him nothing more about my experiences, however, I later pondered his comment. For several months I've pondered it. It brought me to the realization that some of the main characters' experiences don't necessarily come from my imagination, but from my own life experiences.




With my life's experiences I've had several opportunities to help people and for that I'm grateful. Years ago, after going through Christian counseling, I stepped out of my shell. All the hurt and anger I had felt was gone. I was able to say, "Yes, this happened to me, but I'm a stronger person now because I no longer allow that experience to control me. I'm in charge of the control button."





 All of the sites listed below are wonderful causes. Most have links to their Facebook pages and Twitter profiles. Please check out these sites and don't forget to like, follow, and share.



Memphis Union Mission
Salvation Army
Prevent Child Abuse
New Hope for Women
Joyful Heart Foundation
Hope for Paws

If you're going through a dark valley, don't camp out there. Keep on going.






















No comments:

Post a Comment